Camps To Help Deal With Grief
FAITH'S LODGE is for families that suffer the loss of a child.
From the Faith's Lodge website
- A Place Where Hope GrowsFaith's Lodge provides a place where parents and families facing the serious illness or death of a child can retreat to reflect on the past, renew strength for the present, and build hope for the future. In its North Woods setting, Faith's Lodge provides a peaceful escape for families to refresh their minds and spirits while spending time with others who understand what they are experiencing.
- Located in Wisconsin- about midway from Duluth, MN to Minneapolis, MN to the East.
- Faith's Lodge can be found at faithslodge.org
CAMP JOURNEY is free camp for kids ages 7-18 who have suffered a loss.
- They require a $25 deposit which is refunded when the child attends the camp.
- The camp is a Fri-Sat-Sun event.
- it is located near Brainerd, MN on East Gull Lake
- Phone 218-828-2344
ADD CAMP OZ local
CAMP LOVE'S EMBRACE is a free camp for kids ages 7-14
- An annual two-day event (held in May in 2012)
- Funded through donations
- Located Lakota Retreat Center at Shetek Lutheran Ministries Camp near Slayton, MN
- Phone 507-836-8431